IAS FOUNDATION IS A 2/3 YEARS COMPLETE COURSE ESPECIALLY DESIGNED FOR THE BEGINNERS
NEW BATCH STARTING – 7th June 2017
Preparation for IAS is like a complete transformation of one’s personality. Systematic and well planned strategy can make even the most difficult task easy and achievable.
The IAS Foundation course is divided into 6 parts (Semesters), each focusing on specific aspects of IAS preparation.
SEMESTER 1 ( 6 MONTHS)
THIS IS AN ORIENTATION PROGRAMME FOR THE BEGINNERS. IN THIS SEMESTER THE FOCUS IS ON PROVIDING BASIC INFORMATION ON SUBJECTS LIKE –
- GENERAL SCIENCE
- INDIAN POLITY
IN THIS STAGE THE EMPHASIS IS ON DISCUSSING THE VERY BASICS OF THESE SUBJECTS. AS STUDENTS ARE FROM DIFFERENT ACADEMIC BACKGROUND THIS SEMESTER PROVIDES AN OVERVIEW OF ALL THE IMPORTANT TOPICS WHICH PLAYS A VERY IMPORTANT ROLE IN IAS EXAMINATION.
OTHER AREAS OF CONCERN IN THIS SEMESTER ARE-
- HOW TO READ NEWSPAPER
- HOW TO MAKE NOTES
- HOW TO STUDY BOOKS
SEMESTER II ( 6 MONTHS)
AFTER PROVIDING BASIC CONCEPTS OF VERY SUBJECT THIS STAGE FOCUSES ON IN DEPTH STUDY ON THE TOPICS MENTIONED ABOVE. AT THIS STAGE THE SYLLABUS PROVIDED BY UPSC FOR IAS IS FOLLOWED TOPIC-BY-TOPIC. LONG CLASSROOM LECTURES ARE FOLLOWED BY DETAIL DISCUSSION AND ANALYSIS ON EACH AND EVERY TOPIC.
IN THIS SEMESTER THE KEY AREAS OF CONCERN WILL BE
- PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT
- DEVELOPMENT OF THOUGHT PROCESS
- DEVELOPMENT OF COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- TIME MANAGEMENT AND STRESS MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES
SEMESTER III (6 MONTHS)
IN THIS STAGE SOME MORE TOPICS WILL BE INCLUDED SUCH AS
- APTITUDE DEVELOPMENT FOR CSAT
- OPTIONAL SUBJECT
- WORLD HISTORY AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
- SOCIAL PROBLEMS, ISSUES AND SCHEMES
- ECOLOGY AND ENVIRONMENT
- SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- CURRENT POLITICAL AND ECONOMIC ISSUES
SEMESTER IV ( 6 MONTHS)
THIS IS THE FINAL LEVEL OF THIS 2YRS FOUNDATION COURSE
THIS INCLUDES DETAIL REVISION OF EVERY TOPIC COVERED EARLIER INCLUDING THE OPTIONAL SUBJECT.
OTHER FEATURES OF THIS LEVEL ARE
- DEVELOPMENT OF WRITING SKILLS WITH SPECIAL FOCUS ON ANSWER AND ESSAY WRITING
- PERFORMANCE EVALUATION THROUGH MOCK TEST (WRITTEN AND OBJECTIVE TYPE)
- TIPS FOR SUCCESS IN THE EXAM
- MOTIVATION LECTURES
SEMESTER V (6 MONTHS)
In this semester we provide a complete revision of all subjects of Pre and Mains. Doubt sessions take place on regular basis. The objective is to clear each and every doubt that student have.
This session is full of interactions, discussions, communication and analysis.
SEMESTER VI ( 6 MONTHS)
This is the final semester and more focus is given on tests both objective as well as written. Copies are evaluated by team of experts and tips are given to increase the score in the exams.
Every semester ( level) of the IAS Foundation course includes-
- Regular Seminars and Lectures by IAS and PCS officers and Trainers
- Regular Class tests
- Individual attention to every student
- Study tours like visit to museums, government institutions, local bodies etc